Monday 3 February 2014

Makeup Review by Saskia x

Today i thought id do a little review for you cuties, a makeup review to be a little bit more specific. It'll be focused on high end products, and if you like the review ill do another on my high street products! It would be too much to do them both in one post, so i chose high end because theres less which means it'll be a nice little taster for you all.
Hopefully it'll help give you guys an idea of whats worth your money and what you might want to avoid. Just cause it costs a lot does NOT mean its worth a lot.


Okay so first up is Rouge Dior lipstick in 999. This little baby costs £20.00/$34.00 (Lucky for me it was a christmas present) Absolute perfection! Stunning colour perfect for almost any occasion, which for me is important. I want to make as much use of my products as possible. I would definitely suggest it, but only if you're really willing to spend. I would definitely say it's worth the money.

Next up we have a blush and an eyeshadow from Bobbi Brown £19.00/$31.06. The blush is pretty but goes on very thickly, if you aren't careful you'll end up a stylish clown. Although that could just be the colour i chose! The eye shadow really doesn't do much for me, i can barely see a difference, i've recently gotten a bit creative and started using it as a subtle bronzer, just to help my cheekbones pop out, its doing the job well but i really wouldn't suggest getting it, not worth the price especially when there are much cheaper and more effective options out there.   


Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation £32.00/$52.31. Wow. I'm so fussy when it comes to foundations, i have about 4 other unused ones in my makeup bag that i used once and just hated! I thought id take a risk and splurge on this Chanel one, and ohh boy am i glad i did! It's worked wonders for me. It goes on smoothly and very liquidy (not a word, i am aware). It blends nicely and doesn't dry your skin out! It also stays on all day which is a miracle. So far its lasted me a couple of months and i don't see it running out soon, soooo worth the money. Its my baby and now iv gone there i can never go back, which is very unfortunate for me and my bank account.    

                                                   
The Bobbi Brown Lash glamour extreme £19.00/$31.06. Theres nothing particularly special about this mascara, it does the same job as most high street brands. Some high street brands may even do a better job at lengthening and thickening. Although it does last a while and doesn't clump at all which really redeems it for me. However i do think that £19 is a bit of a stretch for what it is and what it does! Sorry Bobbi.


Bobbi Brown lip gloss in Aubergine 5 £18.00/$29.42. No no no no no nonononnfjdonfjan oh lorrddd. This is the stickiest, messiest and most uncomfortable lipgloss ever! Put it on your lips and prepare for a whole other kind of coverage (by this i mean you'll have everything from hair to flies trapped on your lips) it seriously feels like you've slathered your lips in wax which is not ideal for anyone who has any sense of comfort. However the colours are nice, and my mum loves them so it might just be me. But you guys can go and try it out for yourselves, just remember i warned you! 

 These are the colours of the lipsticks i reviewed, the top one being the Dior (The lighting makes it look a lot paler, in reality its a very deep red.) The second being the wax fly trap and the third is actually a Kate Moss one which i didn't add because its not particularly high end and i already had so many things!

Hope you all liked this, and that it helps you with some tough purchasing decisions :)

Saskia xx


No comments:

Post a Comment