Friday 24 January 2014

Paul Smith Exhibition


At the design musuem in London there is a Paul Smith exhibition running and of course me and Sassy had to go see it! And that is what we did today. It seemed like quite the mission to get to the dang musuem. First of all I was running a little late, then I could not find Sas at Waterloo station, then we were so busy talking we almost missed our stop, well I say almost because Saskia jumped off the tube right as the doors were beeping (the doors beep to let you know there about to close, and when you here that noise and you are about to enter or exit it is the most frightful experience, you run the risk of being smushed between the doors) and she landed safely on the platform.  I however was left on the train as the doors closed I watched Saskia slowly disappear laughing her head off it was an emotional moment for me, I felt like a child being left by their parent on a train. I laughed so hard I nearly peed my trousers, for real. I turned around slowly to face the judging crowd of Londoners expecting the worst, so I was surprised to see them all smile and laugh with me.

 well once i got back to Saskia at London Bridge station we had to walk a ways along the Thames. Then by some miracle we made it! Got our cute little pink tickets and went to see the exhibition. Boy oh boy it was totally worth £10. Paul Smith's personality and style is what makes his work come to life the way they do. There was a large display of just some of his collection of prints, photographs, and paintings. It covered the wall from top to bottom and they were all framed in different frames, I thought this was absolutely perfect and now want to frame all of my posters and photographs and hang them all over my walls instead of using crappy old blue tak. 

Here are some photos from inside the exhibition.



Afterwards we went for coffees, pasta, smoothies, and yummy little treats! It was a marvelous outing and an incredible exhibition.
But what did we wear you ask, well just continue to scroll and you shall find out.


 

 Saskia's Outfit; 
Bag - DAY Birger et Mikkelsen
Coat - Vera Moda 
Shirt - Urban Outfitters 
Jeans - Primark 
 





 Madi's Outfit;
Jump suit - Uurban Outfiters (on sale!)
Button up shirt - Community Charity Shop (one of my favourites)
Shoes - New Look
Hat - H and M
Bag - Alexa Chung tote

 This was the adorable road that the museum was at the end of. This part of London is fancy shmancy. The road is called Shad Road just so you know.

And that was all we got up too! It is always lovely being in the city center at night, so pretty.

TaTa x

No comments:

Post a Comment