Wednesday 15 January 2014

Feeling Floral

I know it's only January but with all the spring/summer 2014 shows and campaigns coming out i already feel like dressing for spring. And the one recurring theme i see every spring and summer time is FLORAL, and i am seriously okay with that. I have a bit of a hippy spirit deep within me and so I've always been about flowers and floral patterns. A good floral can be anything you want it to be; You can take a floral and make it classic, elegant, sophisticated, or even girly, and sweet. But you can even take a floral garment and make it edgy and I'd say you could experiment with making floral Gothic and dark. Who said flowers can only be charming and cute! I think we should break these barriers and go for a dark floral look, add some intense lipstick and liner with a black floral print, a leather jacket, and some boots and there we go, floral can winter too.  I  personally have not tried this dark floral look yet because A. i don't have a leather jacket (this saddens me greatly and is something i don't understand) and B. because i literally just thought of it now, i shall try it out and let you guys know how it turns out.

Anyway, I just felt like posting today, and felt inspired by the bouquet of flowers my mom received for her birthdays so i shot a few photos of me and my casual outfit, denim shirt and jeans.
 I have been so focused on finishing my school work that i hardly leave my house any more so i have no reasons to get dressed in real life clothes and that is the reason I've been slacking quite a bit. But once these classes are done I'll be back on track. Anyways here are my photos inspired by the floral revival!

Alright, that's all i got for now. I am thinking of making a video look book for spring s/s14 but i am not sure yet, i shall let you know.
 TaTa x

No comments:

Post a Comment